Would you like to host a PCM event?
We prayerfully consider the invitations we are given and our Board of Directors chooses where we go each year. We’d love to hear from you about hosting a conference, retreat or other event in your area. We enjoy traveling and love meeting new faces! Please take time to read the following needs we have for an event and how you can get involved and host one!
First, we have several different kinds of events to choose from. (You can survey our Events page thoroughly for more info on past events.)
- Our two-day Polished Cornerstones Retreats. This type of event is detailed more on our Events page, but basically we have two full days of digging into the Word, worship, break out sessions, and special activities.
- Our one-day Gear Up! Conferences. (This type of event is also talked about on our Events page) These events are one day of fun, learning and gearing up for life…whether it be a new school year or life in general. We study the Word, have times of worship and an activity to put what we’ve learned into practice.
- The 16-Day Challenge Event. This event is designed to unpack the 16 promises in our special Polished Cornerstones Bracelets. This shorter couple-hour event is great for an afternoon or evening and can be tailored for teen groups, college-age girls, or mother/daughter gatherings.
- You can also request a speaker from our staff by contacting them through the contact page, or through their email on the bio page.
For further understanding of our events, please visit our You Tube channel and look through some of the messages there. The Home page has our mission statement and statement of faith and our About Page has the story of how we started. You can also scope out our website for testimonies, photos, and online Bible studies taught by our staff.
The following is a general list of what responsibilities are expected of each party…although we are flexible! We want to work with you as you host this event, but certain things make a much smoother transaction. (We also HIGHLY recommend that churches work together, with other local congregations, when hosting an event with PCM…this helps you spread the responsibilities, financial needs and advertising around, plus it strengthens the Body of Christ! )
Pray through these things and see if this is workable for your host team/church. The following list reflects the biggest event (the two-day retreat), but most of it will apply to any of the events, with various changes.
Host Church/Group Responsibilities:
- Travel expenses for PCM team.
- Lodging for our team.
- Food- for all staff meals, plus the event meals provided for the attendees
- Provide local Christian bookstore to sell the books we plug at event. (if possible, and not for the 16-day Challenge event)
- Help with set up and tear down.
- Help with advertising in your area
- Local Christian ladies willing to help staff the event (there will be applications for this).
- Decorating team (if possible)
- Print and put together booklets (we will provide you will the booklet proof ahead of time)
- Connections for discipleship after event
- Travel to location, set up, and lead event.
- Train local staff on day before event.
- Provide speakers.
- Provide music/music leaders.
- PCM booth at event.
- All beading/craft supplies.
- Small group assignments/registration.
- Staff supplies- tags, folders, aprons, etc.
- Schedule and break out sessions.
- Prayer warrior team.
- Banners/prayer box/book give aways.
- Advertising (on our website, social media, newsletters, etc.)
We’ve done all different kinds of groups, ages, stages, and size groups…from groups of 12 girls to larger crowds. Having read the above info, if you’d still like to host an event in your area, please email us and provide us with the following: Contact person’s name and phone number, host church’s name and location, estimated audience number, general time frame you’d like to book the event and which type of event you’re looking for. You can expect an email within a week. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact form on this website.
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we look forward to working with you in the future!